God has layed upon my heart to share what I am learning while dealing with infertility and the road to becomming a mommy. More than anything, He has taught me that I am blessed. A favorite song says: I am blessed, I am blessed From when I rise up in the morning Til I lay my head to rest I feel You near me You sooth me when I'm weary Oh Lord, for all the worst and all the best I am blessed. My hope is that you realize that you are blessed.

Friday, April 4, 2008

The Mother of my Child

About a month ago, a friend from church asked if we were still going to adopt. She had a 19 year old niece that was 3 weeks pregnant and already had 2 young children. She was considering adoption. We were definitely interested.

One night I was praying for this young woman and this situation. As I was praying, I changed my prayer. You see, it was with the mind that I would be getting this child. She was only 3 weeks along. Anything could happen along the way. I changed my prayer.

A couple of weeks ago, I found out that the young woman had a miscarriage and they believed that she was carrying twins. I felt sorrow like I would for anyone who would lose a child but not the sorrow of losing my own child. You see this was not my child. My child is somewhere, maybe not even conceived yet. So this is my prayer.....

Father, You know the deepest desire of my heart. Chad and I so want to be parents. You have led us to adoption and I know when the time is right You will throw open the doors. I pray for the mother of my child. I pray that you are with her now. I pray that she makes the right choices for her and the child. Give her strength to do what is best for her and the child. Be with us all, Lord, during this time. In Your name I pray, Amen.

No comments: